He/She never puts anything away!
- Ask: Does he/she know where it belongs?
- Ask: Is it stored conveniently enough?
He/She has too much "junk" and won't get rid of any of it!
- Ask: How much of this item can I tolerate? and How much "junk" of my own am I guilty of keeping?
He/She wants everything out and easily accessible, but I like the visual peace of having it out of sight (or vice versa).
- Ask: What items/spaces really matter to me?
- Ask: Can we rearrange the living space so that one of us doesn't have to see the other's clutter?
Sometimes just understanding why you or your co-inhabitants exhibit certain habits or behaviors helps to defuse a potentially explosive situation. Don't let your frustration reach the boiling point. Think it through, talk it out, and be willing to compromise. With a little bit of effort, even sharing space peacefully can be easy peasy!