Just a few ideas to get you started:
- Mount a shelf above a door or window to store infrequently-accessed items in the space just below the ceiling.
- Hang hooks or a jewelry organizer on the wall instead of using up valuable surface space on your dresser.
- Use hanging baskets for storing fruit, onions, potatoes, or herbs in the kitchen.
- Stash bins or baskets on the tops of bookcases or above kitchen cabinets to hide miscellaneous supplies.
- Store extra bath tissue or other bathroom essentials on shelves above the toilet or extra towels on a rack behind the door.
- Organize accessories, art or office supplies, tools, small toys or shoes in shoe pocket organizers on the back of any door.
- Increase space in your pantry with door racks for condiment bottles and spices.
- Purchase stackable, lidded (and labeled) containers for storing items neatly on shelves.
- Utlize shelf risers in cabinets to double the space between shelves.
- Buy taller bookshelves or hang wall-mounted shelves or cabinets.
- Sort important papers into wall-mounted paper trays.
- Use magnetic containers on the refrigerator or other vertical metal surface for storing makeup, spices, hardware or other small items.
So the next time lack of space has you feeling down, look up for inspiration. The sky's the limit...literally!